Being the oldest and first monastery, Karbandi Monastery bears Bhutanese architecture which tempts the heart of visitors.
Phuentsholing is the small or town of Bhutan and is located in the Western part of Bhutan at a distance of 250km from Thimphu. This place is famous for its cleanliness, which draws the attention of the travelers. There are many monasteries and a crocodile breeding centre which enhance the allure of this town.
All about Karbandi monastery: Astonishing valley with vibrant coniferous trees are major specialty about this place.
Karbandi Monastery is the most popular and elegant monastery in Phuentsholing. This monastery is also known as Karbandi Goemba and situated at an elevation of 400 meters. This monastery was built by Royal Grandmother, Ashi Phuntsho Choedron in 1967. The Karbandi Monastery is a crucial centre between Phuentsholing and Jaigaon which is decked with bight prayer flags. From the top Point of this monastery, it looks stunning. During monsoon, the landscapes are distinctly separated into both dry and wet zone. When the visitors came to this place, they can see four beautiful large statues i.e. Buddhist deities, Shakyamuni Buddha, Shubdrung Ngawang Namgyal and Guru Rinpoche.
Location: Situated on the Southern border of Bhutan and 1km away from Bhutan gate.
Best time to visit this monastery: Throughout the year
Morning time (6 am to 7 am) is best to visit as prayers will be conducted that evoke the peace in us
Opening hours: 7 am to 6 pm
Entry fee- Not Applicable
Activities: Enchanting Prayer, Morning peaceful hymns
Busiest day- Monday, Saturday, and Sunday
Nearby Best Restaurants: Zen Restaurants
Best food- Chinese food, Bhutanese food, continental cuisines and Desserts.
Nearby Hotels: Hotel Orchid Lava, Hotel Deorali, OYO 3475 Hotel Misty Oaks, and Hotel Lhakhi.
Some interesting facts about Karbandi Monastery:
- Once an Indian couple visited this place, who have no child, came to this place and prayed for a child and their wish was granted. After that, this Place is known as worshiper for the unproductive couple.
- There are eight different Buddhist Stupas placed in this monastery.
- Pema, a 17-year-old monk came here for peace. Firstly he felt homesick, but day by day he was in love with peaceful and reliable ambiance.
- Besides this monastery, there are amazing dense forest area, astonishing waterfall, and Bhutanese hamlets.
How to reach to Karbandi Monastery
- By Booking Car from your town
- By Flight- From your town to Paro, Bhutan and then by car to Karbandi.
Note: During Enchanting prayer, all visitors should maintain the discipline
Karbandi monastery is the most popular and amazing monastery in Bhutan. Having soothing atmosphere and refreshing prayer, Karbandi Monastery draws attention of the local people as well as the outsiders. So, Karbandi monastery should always be included in Bhutan trip. Otherwise, the Visitors can bounce the beauty of astonishing Karbandi Monastery.