Known for its mystical monasteries, artistic fortresses, and enormous mountains, Bhutan is a small country which is famous for its vibrant Buddhism culture.
Owing to its scenic landscapes, fascinating architecture and scenic beauty, Bhutan has become a popular tourist destination for every tourist from honeymooners to travellers.
Springtime in Bhutan can’t get better!!
Want to experience the best of Bhutan? Then springtime is the ideal time for you. Why?
It is like other times of the year in Bhutan but better. It is the peak tourist season, hotels will be busier, and flights will be fully booked if not reserved beforehand. You might find other tourists clicking selfies and it is going to be a bit expensive but Bhutan trip during this season will tempt you with the fascinating views here.
Spring season: March and April
- Temperatures start to rise and the early spring flowers start blooming in abundance.
- The valleys become green and lush
- Also, a good time for trekking to see the stunning scenery of nature
- Mountain walks also become one of the favourites during this season
- The higher altitude teahouses also open for travellers
Land of festivals!
Hidden away in the corner of the Himalaya, the mysterious kingdom of Bhutan is a land of vibrant festivals.
At these hundreds of people gather to see the monks, dressed in colourful robes performing ritual dances. Every town or district in Bhutan celebrates their own festivals but Tshechus are the most popular annual festivals which are celebrated all over Bhutan.
|Chorten Kora||21st March-5th April 2019|
|Talo Tshechu||14th-16th March 2019|
|Gasa Tshechu||14th–16th March 2019|
|Zhemgang Tshechu||14th–17th March 2019|
|Gomphu kora||14th–16th March 2019|
|Paro Tshechu||17th–21st March 2019|
|Rhododendron Tshechu||19th–21st April 2019|
|Domkhar Tshechu||14th–16th April 2019|
|Ura Yokchoe||16th–20th April 2019|
Do you know? During these festivals, Bhutan becomes extra dreamy and it compels you to visit atleast once!
Places to visit during spring!
Not only festivals or the season matters, even there are a few places that you must explore on your trip to Bhutan in spring. Keep scrolling down before travelling!
- Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- Punakha Dzong
- Changangkha Lhakhang
- Bhutan Textile Museum
- Buddha Dordenma Statue
- National Memorial Chorten
Best things to experience!
Your trip to Bhutan in spring offers you great opportunity to quench your thirst for some unique activities here. Just take a look!
- Enjoy the highlights of the popular festival in Paro Tshechu
- Trekking in the Jomolhari Tek
- Experience a visual retreat of Jacaranda blossoms at Punakha Dzong
- Look forward to the Rhododendron festival
- Take part in the Bhutan International Marathon
- Try cycling depending on your skill level
- Get your adrenaline pump with river rafting and kayaking
- Go for some bird watching
Tips for travelling in spring!
Even though Bhutan a land of mountains and valleys, there are few tips you must remember before travelling here!
- Carry all medicines if you suffer from motion sickness
- Book your trip ahead
- Carry comfortable trekking shoes or boots
- Carry light woolen clothes as some places have a mild climate
- Must carry sunscreen and mosquito repellants for camping and sunny places
Planning to go on a trip to Bhutan in spring? Then customize your own tour with the best travel agency to explore Bhutan according to your convenience and budget!