Introducing Thimphu as the lively capital of Bhutan, the region is home to some remarkable destinations. It spreads over a territory of 26.1 sq. km. with an elevation of 2,334 m and appears as the largest city of this Buddhist Kingdom. It can be your perfect honeymoon hub, adventure scene, and blissful escape.
A culturally rich town involving spectacular terrain, Thimphu is sure to turn your trip fascinating. You can embark on magnificent Dzongs, exotic hikes, a concert at Clock Tower Square, a sunset at Changangkha Lhakhang, National Library exploration, Bumthang Owl Trek, and more. Ensure the best trip quality with the best DMC for Bhutan.
In this blog, you see some of the best destinations to visit in Thimphu. Read on to get more insights:
- Dochula Pass, a scenic mountain pass on the East-West road from Thimphu to Punakha, is where you can spot 108 memorial stupas known as Druk Wangyal Chortens. Explore the 360-degree panoramic vista of the Mighty Himalayas and the several mountain peaks like Kangphugang, Terigang, Masaganang, Tsendagang.
- Tashi Chho Dzong sits on the northern edge of the capital and is a popular tourist attraction in the country. This stunning dzong involves the throne room and is termed Fortress of the Glorious Religion bounded by wondrous gardens and lawns.
- National Memorial Chorten, also known as Thimphu Chorten, is nestled on the Doeboom Lam in the south-central region of the capital. This Chorten stands out as one of the most prominent landmarks in the town. It entails religious significance, impressive architecture, wonderful landscapes, and more.
- Clock Tower Square is a famous spot in Thimphu that involves a tower with four clock faces. There reside several restaurants, shops, and hotels to ace your city tour; a perfect hangout spot. The dragon tucked into the tower defines this Buddhist Kingdom as the Independent Dragon Kingdom.
- Tango Goemba is another popular destination in Bhutan. Situated in closer proximity to the mountains of Cheri on the north segment of the capital, it stands out as one of the holiest sites here. Go on an ideal trekking trail that the region offers.
- The National Library of Bhutan in Thimphu was established in 1967 and archives national records of the country along with Bhutanese texts and Tibetan texts. It owns about 6100 Bhutanese and Tibetan books, manuscripts, xylographs, and 9000 wooden printing and printing boards for religious books.
Unravel the essence of this visually incredible and culturally praised worthy destination. Avail of well-crafted, customized tour assistance to make your trip to Thimphu more purposeful. Find out a cost-effective holiday package and tour this splendid site to the fullest.