From magnificent hills to glittering river streams, Jigme Dorje National Park is been decked with the most picturesque landscapes.
Jigme Dorji National Park-�Hub of Rich Biodiversity�
With an area of 4,349 sq. km, the Jigme Dorji National Park is the second largest national park in Bhutan. Blessed with rich flora & fauna, this national park is known to be the abode of many endangered species. Jigme Dorji National Park also serves as the treasure house of medicinal herb making it paradise of botanist around the world. Endowed in picturesque beauty, Jigme Dorji National Park is a favored tourist destination in Thimphu.
Interesting History Lies Behind This Park!!
Jigme Dorji National Park was established in 1974 as a wildlife sanctuary in the memory of the late King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuk. In 1993, it was upgraded to a national park which was confined to only northwestern part of Bhutan.
Little bit confused about the route of this park?
If your answer is yes, then we will solve your problem by giving the information about it-
- Nearest Airport- Paro International Airport is the nearest airport.
Distance from Paro Airport to Jigme National Park- 160km
- Nearest Railhead- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and Hasimara Railway Station are the nearest railheads. From there, you will get several car rental services for Bhutan tour via Phuentsholing road.
More Things to Know About Jigme Dorji National Park!!
Jigme Dorji National Park is a home to conserving of numerous rich biodiversity. Located at a distance of 123 km from Thimphu, Jigme Dorji National Park can be explored by hiring an affordable car in Bhutan. Have a look at some details which are mentioned below-
1. Alluring things to see in Jigme National Park�
- Endangered Species like Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Royal Bengal Tiger, and Blue Sheep.
- Panoramic vistas of snow-capped mountains like Jomolhari, Jichu Drakey etc.
- Colorful flowers like Poppy, Rhododendron, orchids etc.
- Therapeutic Hot Springs.
2. Exciting things to do in Jigme National Park�
- Bird watching in the park.
- Get soak in the medicinal hot spring
3. Opening Hours- 9 am to 5 pm (Monday to Friday) 4. Best Time to Visit- September to October 5. Entry Cost- INR 150/ person You should come to this park atleast once in a lifetime to get the unforgettable experiences amidst a wide variety of fauna & flora.
Q. Where we can stay while in Jigme National Park?
A. In Jigme National Park, there is no accommodation facility. You can stay in the nearby hotels like Hotel Norbuling, Taj Tashi etc.
Q. Which are the best nearby places of Jigme National Park?
A. The most eye-catching nearby places of Jigme National Park are Memorial Chorten, Baba Harbhajan Singh Temple etc.